Monday, January 18, 2010

Doodles

A birthday package came from my mom yesterday and inside she had a photocopy of a page of doodles that I did in 1997. I've always LOVED to draw. There is only one problem...I'm not a creative drawer. I don't feel like I can sit down and think up fun and quirky things to draw. It happens sometimes, but not often. On the other hand, give me a picture of something (especially if it is cartoon-ish) and I can duplicate it perfectly. So, I have to admit that looking at these pictures I'm sure much of my inspiration came from a friend named N'Gina who could draw like a mad women. Remember those pictures in magazines of the turtle and you could draw it and mail it in? Oh man, I can't tell you how many of those I did!

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and there is SNOOPY!

momd said...

I would have sent you the original but I decided to frame it and put it in the guestbedroom. I just love it and hope you don't mind.
What is with the line across the middle? even the original has it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails