Thursday, January 14, 2010

24 Weeks!


Wow, that makes it feel like 6 months...although based on reality there aren't always 4 weeks in a month, sometimes there is a little more. I'm pretty darn close to 6 months though...creepy! The baby is now the length of an ear of corn. I'm definitely seeing changes in my stomach and will post another tummy photo soon.

How far along: 24 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: We'll find out next week!

Stretch marks: Same ones as before, really don't think I'll get many more.

Sleep: Sucks. Hips hurt like crazy at night which has me flipping like a pancake. Waking up to pee has now increased to 2-3 times a night.

Movement: Yep. Movement pattern changes daily. Sometimes baby is really active in the morning, sometimes the afternoon and sometimes at night. Still feeling it mostly very low, like it's kicking it's way out! Love it when the movements are up by the belly button...those are much more comfortable and you can feel them through the skin. When they are low it would probably awkward for anyone to put there hand "there" to feel the baby.

Food cravings: OK, I definitely want chocolate. I've never been a chocolate lover. Give me gummy bears and Swedish fish. Now I daydream about brownies and fudge and chocolate chip cookies...you get the picture. I just had a bowl of Chocolate Cheerios and they were definitely made by angels.

Frustrations: Face rash. Itches the worst around my left eye in the corner. Also feeling it down the jaw line and the ear. Looked it up and there is such a thing as a pregnancy rash. Figures I would get this!

What I miss: Sleeping.

Weekly Wisdom: Belly band support makes things so much more comfortable.

Milestones: Creating a plan of attack for the babies room/guest room.

With all that said I felt like I just wanted to clear something up. Last weekly update post I talked about "worrying" and I think I got some of those near and dear to me worrying that I was too worried.

In general I am not a worrier. I don't stress about stuff, I don't get worked up about stuff, I tend to just let things roll of my back and roll with the punches. I feel like I'm someone people come to when they are worried and I give them the "It will be fine, it all works out" pep talk. So, when I say that I am worrying this does not mean that I am losing sleep (well not because I'm worried), chewing my nails off, pulling out hair or crying all the time and thinking everything is going to go wrong. Worry for me is just the simple thought of "Huh, I wonder why the baby hasn't moved today." This doesn't mean that I am calling the doctor or thinking about that all day long. It drives me crazy though because this has been the only time in my life that I've worried about something so much. That said, I know the baby is going to be fine. If there is something wrong with the baby I know that I'll be able to handle it and figure it out. I also know that I will be a great mom. It's in my nature and it's what I've always wanted to do. I may have funny dreams about it, I may have weird thoughts that pop into my brain but I can assure you...I'm not pacing the floors of my house mumbling to myself. It's all good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails