Thursday, January 07, 2010

23 Weeks


Is it a weird coincidence that sometimes when the babies size is compared to a particular fruit....it is the fruit that I can't get enough of at the time? Right now the baby is the size of a large mango, but roughly 11" long.

How far along: 23 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I'll tell you during week 25 update.

Stretch marks: Yes, but really they don't bother me. They aren't dark and the slightly pinkish one is below the belly so it's not like I can see it anyway...and I won't be wearing my bikini anytime soon.

Sleep: Still a tough one. Waking up to pee more, waking up to roll over, surrounded by pillows. I know this is only going to get worse.

Movement: Yes and no. Bill finally felt it which was nice, but I feel like it doesn't move enough. This is probably my biggest worry. I wake up worried about the baby until I feel it, then I feel like it's not in the right place and not moving enough.

Food cravings: I just like food still, no weird cravings. I tried Greek yogurt for the first time and feel like I died and went to heaven. I eat it daily with...a mango!

Frustrations: The worry. I worried from week 4 to week 14, then I just felt better..that everything was going to be ok. Then at the 20 week ultrasound the worry kicked in again. I seriously worry that there is something wrong all the time and it definitely is centered around the movement. At the same time I know there are women who aren't even feeling their baby yet. Then I worried this morning because I was going to share a belly picture and I think it looks the same as it did last time I showed it..which I feel like can't be normal. Crazy. Having a baby is a stressful thing. I'm going to have more gray hair under my colored hair once I'm done with this!

What I miss: Not worrying.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't stuff yourself, it's VERY uncomfortable.

Milestones: Starting prenatal yoga! It was great to be surrounded by other pregnant women and also nice to get some good stretching. I'll be doing this once a week.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

speaking of bikinis, I remember last spring our neighbor Stephanie, a small person with tatoos who was over 30 weeks pregnant, mowing the lawn and doing her gardening in her bikini and I remember thinking "you don't see that every day" which is probably what all the slow moving truckers thought too.....

BOSSY said...

Aww, congrats on your little fruit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails