Tuesday, December 01, 2009

It's Advent Time!

I'm a crafty person. I like making stuff and appreciate the handmade. However there is one handmade item that I just chuckle at whenever I see it. That is the advent calendar. I know they can be adorable. I know they can be filled with chocolate and fun handmade surprises behind each number. They are missing something though. They are missing the whit and humor of Carol Browne.

When I was laid up with my knee it was Christmas time. I was depressed, I was lonely, I was stuck to the sofa. I spent alot of time on the laptop and that is when I found Carol's blog. At the time she was right in the middle of her Playmobil Advent Calendar. It was love at first site. It was something to wake up and look forward to. It was something that always made me laugh. For me it is Christmas. It is my tradition.

The advent began today and will continue each day until Christmas. I highly recommend checking it out and seeing if it will become a part of your Christmas tradition! Thanks Carol for creating something that got me through a tough time and has become a tradition I look forward to each year....can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

Little Brown Box said...

Funny you should mention the Playmobil advent calendar. We plan to buy it this year!!!

Carol Browne said...

Oh stop. You're making me blush.

:-)

Thanks for this post! And I'm so happy to cheer people up with my silly doll photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails