Thursday, December 10, 2009

19 Weeks


Wow, that's so close to half way that is scary! It really goes by quickly and yet at times you want it to be quicker. The baby is now the size of a heirloom tomato. My mom was here for a visit and some more room planning was done. She's making me a great crib skirt with a vintage looking fabric that has letters and numbers all over it. I also found some fantastic vintage flash cards at the thrift. I'm going to frame them with a bunch of those Ikea frames and use that as the art. So the room will just have kind of a vintage ABC and 123 theme. I can't wait to get started, but there is alot of stuff to get out of that room first. It's safe to say we won't be doing any of that until after the holidays. So, without further ado..here is the survey. I've made a couple changes...removing the gender because by now you have figured out that we aren't going to find out! Enjoy!

How far along? 19 weeks.

Total weight gain/loss: You'll just get this one once a month. I'm not a big scale user so I'm limiting my weigh ins to my 4 week appointments. I'm sure there is another pound or two in there somewhere though!

Stretch marks? There are two small ones now. I've got to get on the vitamin E regimen before it's too late!

Sleep: The Snoogle is awesome, but it's still tough sleeping. You definitely get somewhat prepared for waking up with baby during the pregnancy while you wake up to pee, wake up to roll over, wake up just because.

Best moment this week: Finding my dog curled up inside my Snoogle.

Movement: Yep, although I wish I felt it more. Should in the next few weeks...for now it's just sporadic vibration.

Food cravings: I really don't know if there are cravings. I guess there are things that I suddenly like that I never used to. Drinking a glass of milk for example. Tastes so delicious now, but never did before. On the other hand I'm not guzzling the milk. I feel like I crave things no more than usual. I do really still like orange juice and have some every day.

Frustrations: The round ligament pain is off the charts right now. This make sleeping difficult cause I feel every movement I make. Stretching at night helps. Still need to get into the yoga class, but I also have ANOTHER cold right now and yoga plus drippy nose is never a good idea.

Belly Button in or out? Cavernous.

What I miss: Being able to just pick stuff up and carry it around without thinking about it.

What I am looking forward to: The ultrasound next week. Although at the same time it makes me nervous. Being pregnant is such a worrisome thing. I was finally in a place that I wasn't worrying much and now knowing that we are going to look at the baby makes me freak out just a little bit.

Weekly Wisdom: Embrace the belly and show it off!

Milestones: Posting a picture of what looked like a beer gut on the world wide web.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

beer gut or bebe!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cats, will you need honary aunties and uncles like me and my wife? I could be a long distance godfather??????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails