Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Waiting patiently!


The first time I saw Ray Lamontagne perform I had no idea what I was getting into. There I was standing just a couple feet away from the stage when this tall scruffy mountain man comes walking out with his guitar. He barely spoke, in fact may not have uttered one word, and he kept his eyes closed the whole time. Oh but when he sang! I could feel his voice echo through my whole body. It was an amazing experience, and one that I had never had a concert before. I've seen good shows, but at that point had never seen a performer that blew me away. I later had a similar experience at a Foo Fighters acoustic show, but that's another story for another day. Right now we are talking about Ray.

I have since seen Ray numerous times and he is always excellent. I've seen him through troubles with the sound. Seen him through crowds yelling "We Love You Ray" and "Take Your Shirt Off." If you've been to a Ray show you can imagine how awkward those things are at this type of show. Ray has gotten more confident over the years and interacts with the audience now in his cute quiet way. But still, when he sings, that voice comes out like none other.

All that said, it was announced that he was coming back in the area again. There was also a presale of tickets involved. I patiently waited until 10am and then started buying...and I got third row from the stage. I could not be more excited! The show isn't until November and it's going to take everything I have to patiently wait for that date to come.

2 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

RAY!
He is my friend Mike's wife's sister's brother-in-law :)
True! A most awesome performer indeed.
I will be posting a rather wonderful piggy drawing shortly.....

Stacey B said...

Oh man, well if there is ever a family gathering there I'm sure I could be a cousin that just showed up from California!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails