Thursday, August 06, 2009

Looking Back

A couple weeks ago the hubby and I cleaned out the garage and I got motivated to go through old albums and kind of clean out. I've been handed down alot of albums from family but they were all just crammed in a cabinet and a complete mess. Going through old pictures is so much fun. So, because I have nothing better to blog about, I thought I would share some fun things with you about me. I mean this blog is all about me right?! Let's start with one of the cutest things..I mean seriously? I was willing to pass over money for an apple and dental floss? I must have been trying to win some brownie points with that one. Speaking of brownie...
I'm the one on the right, the one taller than all the other girls my age. The shirt says "Here comes a Brownie"...I love this shirt! I was a brownie and my mom was the troop leader. This pic was taken before a birthday party at the skating rink. In my opinion I am saying "Take the picture mom" in this picture. I wish I could tell you a single name of one of the girls standing to my left. I loooooved roller skating as a kid. Roller skating was the first activity that gave me a broken bone, my left wrist. I've been a clutz my whole life and that broken wrist was only the beginning. Oh, around this time, I also was in love with Eddie Rabbit and was certain we would marry. Moving on.The other thing I loved was swimming. This picture reflects the terrible haircut that my father let me get. I had long flowing hair and went with him for his haircut and convinced him that I wanted mine cut off too. He believed me unfortunately. On the back it says I was 4'11"...I was 10. This picture also marks another broken bone, my neck. Shortly after this picture was taken I would dive into a pool and hit my head on the bottom and not swim for the rest of the year. I still loved swimming though and it never stopped me from diving in again, once the neck healed of course.Finally, this is by far my favorite Halloween costume of all time. I was in 7th grade. I knocked on many doors and was told I was too old to be trick or treating. They probably thought I was in high school. I got the idea that I wanted to be a box of popcorn and my mom carried it out perfectly. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but no costume ever topped this one. Oh, and thankfully this evening I didn't break anything.

3 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

POPCORN!
OMG, it is obvious you were the absolute greatest kid.
Your drawing, btw, just moved from the fridge to the WALL of the studio.
Thanks S! :)

NAB said...

OOOh Bargain barn...it is located on the UCDavis campus. Go to

http://bargainbarn.ucdavis.edu/about/location.cfm

They are located next to the arboretum in Davis and have FREE parking. They also post a lot of stuff on the website, but go to the store it's worth it and tons of stuff to dig through! Ill try to post pics of the stuff I got later!!

Sarah said...

I totally have that swimming picture of you somewhere! (Probably in MY garage!!!!) That's pretty much how I remember you and think about you most of the time! =) And I LIKED the haircut!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails