Monday, August 17, 2009

Favorite Piece

A couple months ago I went crazy and got rid of my giant jewelry box. It was one of those mammoth ones and it was filled to the gills. I was cutting back and decided to take out only what was important to me and get rid of the rest. Know what? I don't miss it at all. Plus, I was pretty much wearing the same pieces over and over again even when I did have all the options. It's also forced me to think about jewelry more instead of just buying everything that I like or because I feel like I need something new.

I thought I would share one of my favorite pieces with you. This was given to me by my mother in law. She has some great stuff and has handed random things down to me. I'll have to show you the cool tablecloth she gave me recently in a different post! Anyway, I think this necklace was made by her father using copper wire. He wasn't a jewelry maker, but decided to play around with some wire he had on hand. Amazing. One thing I do need are some copper earrings to go along with it.

5 comments:

johnna said...

I have a matching bracelet that belonged to my Grandma! I never wear it though, because it turns my skin green. :-( The necklace is gorgeous!

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

mmmm hmmm :)

Melissa B. said...

Wow, I don't know what grandpa-in-law did for a living but he certainly COULD have been a jeweler.
Very talented, very nice necklace.
Lucky!

ashley said...

that necklace is beautifully wonderful!!!

.ashley.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails