Monday, August 10, 2009

Easily addicted.

Those that know me know that I like to cook. Those that don't know me, well, I like to cook. This means that I'm always getting stuff for the kitchen. Which is tiny. Tiny and not wanting to fit anymore stuff. Yet, I keep bringing it in. This is why I have garage sales every year, cause I have to rotate my stock.

Lately at thrift stores I have been looking at the Pyrex. I'd like to replace my mixing bowls and just have Pyrex. They are so versatile. They go in the dishwasher, microwave, fridge and oven. Plus, many of them are very very cute. On Saturday I stopped in at a Goodwill and found two pieces of Pyrex that I really liked. This first is a cute small orange polka dot mixing bowl. This is the perfect bowl for dip, I like dip. The second is called The Cracker Barrel. The beauty of this is that I love Pyrex and I love The Cracker Barrel! Funny thing is this jar has nothing to do with the restaurant. It's literally a barrel for crackers. On the back it tells you how to keep your crackers crispy. It's currently holding the dog biscuits. Total loot: $3.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Love, love, l.o.v.e. the bowl with orange polka dots!
Great find!

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

AND the dog can see the dog biscuits and is inspired to be extra-special good.

johnna Phillips said...

My grandma had a cracker barrel just like that - except she used it to store the most awesome sugar cookies in the world. If you ever decide to get rid of it: don't!! I'll be glad to take it off your hands next time I'm in the US. ;-)

Aleta said...

I like the orange polka dots and I love Cracker Barrel too. My family likes going to those restaurants when we're on vacation, because it's food you count on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails