Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day dreaming of deliciousness!

Do you ever have a meal that leaves you daydreaming about it even after you have had it? Like you can't wait to eat it again? For breakfast lunch and dinner? Last night I had that type of meal! It started with a recipe on Gary's blog for his Potato Burritos. I thought they sounded absolutely yummy. Then, this weekend we went out to Davis and took home a big bag of tomatillos.
Fresh tomatillo salsa is yummy! I used the following recipe. Cut tomatoes in half (I probably had about 2 pounds) and place on a cookie sheet. Broil until skins darken, but do not burn. Dump in a blender. Add half diced yellow/white onion, two garlic cloves, one bunch of chopped cilantro, half an avocado, salt to taste, 1 small can diced green chilies, 1 jalapeno or chili pepper of your choice. Blend until smooth. The final product is DEVINE!

I then took Gary's recipe and added some zucchini and I'll admit I used real sausage and real cheese. I dumped a big spoonful of the salsa inside each burrito before heating them up and then more on the top after they were done. Oh my goodness. It was heaven on a plate. The hubby LOVED them and now we have a bunch for leftovers...which I will also be having for lunch today.

If I am ever in a situation where I'm asked what will my last meal be...right now it's this one!

2 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

I KNOW!!!! So simple, so tasty, and good for lunch the next day too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice, adding zuccini and your sauce!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the plug :)

Jordan said...

Yum!

I'm so excited that you love your bracelet! Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails