Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bringing Sexy Back

We've had this conversation many times, but I'll tell ya again. I like tattoos. I can look at someone's tattoos like one might look at paintings in the MOMA. At the same time I do have particular likes and dislikes. I'm not a big fan of neck tattoos on the sides or front, face tattoos or all sorts of random bits and pieces mashed together into one tattoo that has no cohesiveness. I'm a big fan of large tattoos that are all one piece of artwork, I'm a big fan of unique tattoos that you will never see on anyone else and I'm a big big fan of a man with a sleeve. I don't know what it is, but have a clean slate of body and put a sleeve on one arm and I like it.

So, it is no surprise that I love my friend Chris's tattoo! Chris decided that he wanted to get another tattoo and he really wanted it to reflect the artwork of one of his favorite artists, David Ellis. Now most of us would just find a piece of art we liked and take it to a local shop. Not Chris. He contacted the artist to see if he would draw a piece custom for him....and he said yes. Then Chris did some research and found that some of the best tattoo artists in the world (yes I said world) are not located in the US at all...but in Japan. So, upon further research he found and contacted an artist by the name of Genko to do the piece. Then he bought himself a ticket to Japan and hit the road to get his tattoo. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't get anymore bad ass than that! Actually though...it does.

Chris spent the next three days getting his tattoo, which was free handed by Genko. The results....
I can honestly say that this is the most bad ass and sexy tattoo I have ever seen in my life. Whether you like tattoos or not you cannot argue the artwork and skill that went into having this piece done. It flows with Chris's body perfectly...and we'll leave the body talk at that because this is my friend's brother!

Nice job Chris, you have official brought sexy back...from Japan.

4 comments:

Reebs said...

Haha, he'll be very flattered. Not sure about my brother being called sexy but I'll let it slide...

gary rith said...

yes, tis AWESOME....

amy said...

I may be married--but I can still recognize hot.

katie olsen said...

Seriously hot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails