Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bouton Blue


I've been doing some soul searching lately. No, not really, just some realistic thinking is more like it. While I love the crafting community I have never felt super inspired by selling my crafts. I'm more of a "look what I made you" type of girl. I never wanted to give up though because again, I loved being in the crafting community. I finally realized that even if I don't sell I still will be part of it. My involvement with IndieSac gives me just what I need. I like planning events, I like teaching people how to make things, I like helping others sell their amazing crafts. That is satisfying for me.

So, I have finally come to the conclusion that I am done selling. I might start it up again, but right now getting stuff made to sell just feels like too much pressure. Funny thing, since I have decided this I have felt more creative than ever. I'm doing some paintings for Christmas gifts, finding items I want to knit (that are not just scarfettes) and much more.

I'm going to keep the Bouton Blue Etsy store, but it might remain empty unless I have a change of heart. Thanks to all of you that have been so supportive and purchased items from me. If you decide you want something I'm definitely open for commission items!

2 comments:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

Oh. Well, you know, keep it fun, right?

Debbie said...

I know how it goes. You start crafting for fun, for you, then you think, hey why not sell some of my stuff, and then it's not so much fun anymore. You're always welcome to a corner of our booth. Hope we still see you around the circuit, as a shopper that is :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails