Friday, May 15, 2009

The Friday Bonus Post!


I've been following a new blog lately Little T Jane. This blog is full of the most adorable handmade crafts and ideas, I have been eating it up. Lucky for me and my new side kick Google Reader I was one of the first to learn about the Pay it Forward challenge!

Here's how it works.....the first three people to leave a comment on my blog will receive a little handmade giftee made especially by me! You will receive this gift in the mail by the end of June, I have to set deadlines for myself. You won't know what I am making for you until your snail mail package arrives.

In return, you post a Pay It Forward on your blog and do the same for three people! A fun way to swap some creative crafts.

Hope to see you Pay It Forward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy - I do not have a current "pay it forward" story but I have practiced it often. I love "pay it forward" story. Whenever I "pay it forward" I usually say, all I ask is that you do the same someday [when you can]. A couple nights ago I was the recipient of "pay it forward." I know that's not what you're looking for [recipient versus giver] but decided to share because it's a feel good story. In fact, I think the guys that practiced a "pay it forward" moment might not even be aware of it. I was home from work and visiting my parents, 8:ish, when I get a phone call from a rough sounding guy [assumed salesman] stating that he had a dog in his hands named Little One. Yup, that's my dog. My dear sweet Little One. I had no idea he was missing. I can honestly say 99.9% of the time I know where all my dogs/cats are at all times. The guy said he was calling from down the street. I rushed out of the house and about 10 houses down was a couple guys [some might say thugs/hoodlum looking] holding my Little One [terrier]. I was beyond grateful. See Stacy, I have rescued animals for years, no longer due to health issues, and I swear at times I felt like I was the only one on the planet that would stop and help a wondering cat/dog. Wrong! I can tell you that I never would have pegged these two guys as caring about a little dog running wildly through the streets. I introduced myself, shook their hands, and thanked them profusely. I so wanted to give them something and remembered that I had three movie passes in my wallet. I walked the movie passes back down the street with Little One on his leash! They seemed overwhelmed, very appreciative. My impression was they never expected anything in return for their good deed. NEVER, EVER judge a book by the cover. Speaking of book[s], loved your library story. I have a similar one at UC Davis Veterinary Medical Center. . . .another comment, another day. . . .Kim's Aunt Dawn

Evie's Ark, All Things Animal said...

This is such a great idea! I'll do this on my blog soon, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails