Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Find....

Let me start by saying that I know my mom is going to read this and giggle a little. First she is going to giggle at yesterday's post that I like thrift store shopping like she once did. Now she is going to giggle at another reference of me becoming more like her. I had a huge pet peeve when I was growing up. My mom had a knack for buying things that were broken with the intention of fixing it and making it new again. She and I both know that there were many times said broken item would not get fixed and would sit in the garage. Come on mom, you know it's true! This pet peeve was partially due to the fact that clutter drives me insane. I'm always picking stuff up and putting it away even if there is no place to put it. I can't stand having items on the coffee table, dining room table, desk. It's a real problem and a bit of an obsession. The hubby can tell you how many times I have hidden something from him because I simply had to "put it away." So, back to the story, many times these broken items would just become clutter in my eyes and I swore I would never do that myself. I also swore I would never use a sewing machine, so I think we all know where this is going.

I picked this up for $1 at a garage sale on Saturday....Not the dog of course..but the broken shabby chic mirror. I was drawn to it with it's antique floral frame and candle holders. When I found out it was just a dollar I thought....I'll take it and just replace the mirror. Sunday I spent some time calling around and found a place where I can get replacement mirror for under $20! So, for now this is sitting in the dining room....right in plain site. It will sit there and drive me CRAZY until I take it and replace the mirror.

The moral of the story is, we all kind of become our moms in some ways.

P.S. Mom- I still hate the hardware store!

4 comments:

Cupcake Murphy said...

Hi Stacy! I had to search you out and thank you for your hilarious Ten Word suggestion on Bossy. I swear I was thinking the same thing so bless you for putting it into words. Love your blog too.

BOSSY said...

Sweet that your mom is reading and giggling. Most excellent.

Pink Petunia Designs said...

So true about becoming our moms. Now that I am a mom stuff will come out of my mouth and i think "Oh my God that is my mother talking!" Scary, yet somewhat comforting. I think you should just nix the mirror and put a black and white pic behind it. Make it into a shabby chic picture frame. It's cute

johnna said...

Hardware stores are the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails