Friday, February 20, 2009

Insert Butter Here

I think in most people's lives they purchase a bread maker. You see it and think to yourself, "I'm not going to BUY bread anymore, I'm going to MAKE bread now." Then the bread maker gets used and shoved in a cabinet (or garage) and collects more dust than yeast. Such was the case with our bread maker. We have probably had more years pass since we bought the maker than we have had loaves of bread come out of it. A couple months ago I decided to dust it off and find a good recipe. I had some flax seed so I thought that there must be a recipe out there that would use it. Boy was I right! Now that we have found the most wonderful bread recipe in the world our maker has been shooting out loaves left and right. My hips have been doing something similar but I'll just blame the bread for that. So, if you have a bread maker go and dust it off and whip yourself up a loaf. I will admit that I never have whole wheat bread flour so I use all white for this.


Flax Seed Bread (for Bread Maker)
1 1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups white bread flour
1 1/3 cups whole wheat bread flour
1/2 cup flax seed
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Add ingredients to bread machine pan according to manufacturers directions.
Select Basic White 1lb loaf cycle and press Start.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails