Friday, January 30, 2009

Young at Heart


Last night I watched a movie that touched me more than any other movie has in a long long time. It was a documentary called "Young at Heart." If you haven't seen this movie yet I highly suggest that you go out and rent it or buy it right now. It's the story of a group of senior citizens who come together to form a choir, performing songs by James Brown, Sonic Youth and much much more. The average age of the choir members is 81! I laughed in this movie, I cried in this movie and then I cried a little more. This is definitely one of my favorite films of all time. I will never hear the song "Fix You" by Coldplay in the same way again. I think I'm weeping a little right now...

1 comment:

katie jean said...

I think I saw a story about them on 60 minutes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails