Sunday, January 25, 2009

To sell or not to sell...


Since the hubby is gone I am currently experiencing the great clean out of 09. I've been scouring the house from top to bottom and cleaning out junk. Actually, I'm cleaning out some really nice stuff. I just feel like I have too much right now. Does one really need three pairs of the same Gap pants that one never wears and only bought cause they were on sale? NO! See, when I stopped buying as much stuff (I have cheated a time or two) it also made me evaluate what I have. What I have is too much. This weekend I spent way to much time taking pictures and selling things on Craigslist, which is still an on going process. I know there is going to be a bunch of stuff that doesn't sell. So, I was thinking a garage sale. A garage sale in January. Is that even possible? It's not supposed to rain this weekend and is supposed to be in the mid 60's with sun. Still, will anyone come to a garage sale in January??


What do you think....please chime in!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Well if you're talking clothes I would do consignment, even with only 40% you'd still get more than what someone would pay at a garage sale. As for other items...might have better luck in the spring, like March/April, when others are thinking about spring cleaning, or trying to get a few other houses on your block involved. Got any crafty items, beads, jewelry, yarn, 50's tablecloths, anything like that I should know about? If you do have a garage sale I'll have to try and stop by.

Dr. Liz said...

I'm not a garage sale junkie, but it seems to me that the people who troll the streets every weekend for a garage sale would be looking for a mid-winter fix. Just advertise a lot!

Sarah said...

There are big time career garage sale people out there, and I think you'll be fine to have a garage sale in January!

Curious - Do you find Craigslist is better to sell things on than Ebay? I just don't want people coming to my house, so I am not sure about Craigslist...but I have a loft filled with someone else's treasures. (And I'm not sure how I'd pull off a garage sale by myself, otherwise I'd do that!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails