Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well today I am officially 33. Although if you really think about it, I've already completed my 33rd year and am crawling into 34 beginning today. OK, let's just stick with me being 33 and forget that I even said that!

Already my b-day is off to a bang. I had a delicious meal of chicken fried steak, blue cheese mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner last night followed by a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. I got my cute little discount card for Anthropologie, I get a free cone at Coldstone and there is a fancy new camera lense coming in the mail soon! Tonight I'll have dinner with my friends/family at Celestins and will grub on jambalaya and sangria. Probably more sangria than jambalaya!

Also, I got the coolest thing in the mail yesterday from my Grandma in Texas. While I was there visiting she told me and showed me a 50 states quarter collection that she was starting for me. Actually, she was almost done and only needed a couple more quarters to complete it. For those of you that don't live in the US (hi Carol!), in 1999 (I think) they started releasing quarters that had each state on them and each one had a theme. They were cool, but I never thought about collecting them. I'm so glad that my Grandma did! There are so many quarters in there that I hadn't seen and some of them did a really good job. Thanks Grandma!
So, it's only 11:13am and the b-day is already off to a great start. I can't wait for the rest of the day!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday! I am salivating reading about your blue cheese mashed potatoes, yummy!

Sarah said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! Go January Birthdays! Mine's just a few days after yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails