Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Budding artist!

Whenever I find someone whose art I truly enjoy I try to share it with as many as I can. That might be sharing it on the blog or trying to get that person involved in a show. It just all comes down to supporting the local artists and watching them grow. That is no different when the artist is 9 years old! My co-worker Judy has a grandson named Jake who is quite a piece of work. I'm always guaranteed to get a good chuckle whenever Judy tells a story about Jake. Yesterday was Judy's birthday and Jake gave her a piece of art that he did in class. Not only is this art fantastic, especially from a 9 year old, it is also hilarious.

Let's just begin with the fact that it is the Grinch. I love the Grinch, he is my favorite holiday character of all time. Then you have him in a suit, smoking a pipe. Soo cute. Top that with the blurb in the corner. If you're having trouble reading it in the above picture, here it is bigger. Yes, it says "Get me out of this rathole." How classic is that! Too funny and perfect for the overall tone of the picture. Like a true artist, Jake even charged his own grandma $5 to sign the art! It just doesn't get much better than that!

Keep up the good work Jake!

1 comment:

amy said...

looks familiar!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails