Thursday, January 01, 2009

And finally......


The last thing I'll be giving up is shopping. I did this last year for the month of November and it worked out really well and even trickled into other months. Then I started walking and driving and the shops started calling my name again. I really feel like I have everything that I could possibly want so it's time for a big cut back again. My plan for this one is to do three months, and then just pay more attention to what I am buying for the rest of the year. So, for the next three months I won't be buying any: clothes, shoes, makeup, magazines, books, music, purses, etc, etc, etc. The general idea is if I don't need it, I'm not buying it. I mean, if I run out of deodorant then I'm definitely going to get some....but if heavy blue eyeliner comes back in style then I'm just going to have to stick to my black and brown. This is going to be another tough one. It means no trips to Target. There is never anything that I need in Target, but always things I can buy. So, that pretty much sums up the Great Giveup of 2009. Wish me luck and prepare for some blog posts about me bitching that I really want to buy something and drink a soda!

3 comments:

Peptogirl said...

No shopping?! Yikes, that's a tough one! Wait, does that also include craft supplies??? I couldn't do it!

常州升级 said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!

Farming Net said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!
Saftey Net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails