Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Farmer Jane


For the past two years there is a house down the street that gives away pumpkins. Last year they had their entire yard lined with them with a free pumpkin sign on Halloween. This year there is a big pile in the yard. They are the cutest small pumpkins with nice long stems. I decided that this year I would grab one. On the sign it said "Free Pumpkins - Thank you from Farmer Jane." So I'm guessing Jane lives there and she grows pumpkins. How sweet is that? I think on Halloween I'm going to put some cupcakes on the porch and write her a little thank you card for the free pumpkins. I'll just say "Thanks Baker Stacey." Will people eat home baked items if they don't know who they are from? Hmmmm.....that's a good and slightly sad question. I guess I might have to knock on the door and introduce myself.

2 comments:

Carol Browne said...

AWWW! Nice! You do make lovely cupcakes, Baker Stacey.

Sarah said...

Hmmm....I don't think it would be wise to eat cupcakes from an anonymous stranger....but what a great opportunity to meet someone in your neighborhood! You should definitely do it. Let us know how it goes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails