Monday, October 13, 2008

Do you know what today is?

It's our anniversary! No, not yours and mine. Today marks the one year mark for the marriage of Stacey and Bill Ball. It amazes me that a year has gone by and yet at the same time it feels like the longest year ever. I mean, you have to admit, if you've been reading the blog all this time you know it's been one challenging year. If you just started here is a quick recap: get injured, dog dies, car broken into, injury bad, no walking, blood clot, pain, shots, pills, surgery, pain, more shots, more pills, no walking, walking with walker, walking with cane, ghetto limp, toenail removal, lose job. Sounds like good times doesn't it?

The one question I get asked is has marriage changed us. My answer is still no. Has this year changed my relationship? The answer to that is yes. It has nothing to do with marriage though. I think Bill and I waited long enough together that simply putting a ring on my finger didn't change things....except I do have a beautiful shiny ring on my finger. On the other hand, with all the challenges we have faced this year I think it has made our relationship grow even more. I give Bill so much credit for all that he put up with this past year. I know it was tough for me as well, but he did so much to help me out and I couldn't have made it through all of that without him. I love him even more today than I did 1 year ago and I hope I feel that way with each year to come.


Happy One Year Anniversary Bill! Oh, and for those of you (like me) that don't think we should have to start over....this is actually our ten year anniversary together!

5 comments:

Peptogirl said...

Happy anniversary! It really says a lot about your relationship when you can make it through the tough years and it brings you closer together. I hope the next year is smooth sailing! An I wish you many anniversaries to come!

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought Mike and I were the only ones who waited so long to marry. (It will be 7 1/2 years when we marry next summer). I hope you two get to do something special.

Carol Browne said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you. And many, many more (both anniversaries and thanksgivings.)

As for Sookie and True Blood...I'm not sure if that will make her a vampire or not. Those other girls that were bitten weren't vampires, but had been bitten. I am SO into that show now. I love it.

Ruth said...

congrats!!!!!!
(p.s. how was saturday?? i was so bummed i missed it! i would have at least wanted to visit just to peruse all the goodies out there!)

Sarah said...

Congrats! That's wonderful! I hope you didn't give him toilet paper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails