Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sonnet Sunday

OK, fasten your seat belts for the ultimate of cheese. I'm not talking yummy goat or brie here people...I'm talking cheesy of the literature variety. I've talked about when I first started writing poetry, and how it was all rhymey and full of goodness. I have yet to share one of these beauties with you. Today is your lucky day, or unlucky day, it really depends on how you look at it. This is the FIRST poem that I ever wrote...oh back in 1989 when I was 13 and madly in love. With who? I have no idea. Honestly, I probably wrote this about one of the New Kids on the Block. Did it just get cheesier for you? After writing this poem I was certain that I would have a career with Hallmark. Strap in and enjoy the ride for this untitled beauty!

Please God explain to me what this all really means.
Someone I want so very bad,
yet deep inside I know I can't have.
When I see him I feel so wonderful inside,
a feeling there is no way I can hide.
It is love? That is way people say,
or a feeling that will never go away.
But what is love, does anyone know?
Is it something internal that will forever grow?
Deep in your heart and what you feel inside,
but sometimes a pain that you cannot deny.
For him I feel an everlasting love,
sent to me from somewhere above.
Then reality comes and tells me
it will probably never be.
Then there is a pain that aches so bad,
sometimes bring tears that make me sad.
Why do I have these feelings for you,
when I know that this feeling will be shattered in two.
When someone comes between you and me,
and lights the passage that was meant for me.
To walk inside and show you the way,
so I can be with you night and day.
But with me these feelings I will carry.
Deep in my heart like a treasure I'll bury.
Then one day you will see,
just how much you mean to me.
With a loving embrace and your smiling face
my heart I will give you in a golden case,
that only you will have the key to
and we will love each other till our days are through.
Buried together side by side,
because of a feeling I just couldn't hide.

Oh my gosh, that is frightening. I hope if you have children, you locked them up before you read that. I apologize!

1 comment:

johnna said...

Sounds to me like it has all the makings of a chart-topping big-hair metal ballad! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails