Monday, August 25, 2008

Sonnet Monday

OK, so I've been slacking a bit on the Sonnet Sunday. I think with traveling lately I just keep forgetting. So, it's another entry of Sonnet Monday! Hope you enjoy this weeks, or last weeks, poem!

Simple Time
Last night I lay to dream of a simple time.
A time work free,
a time of naps,
a time of childhood.
All the cares of today vanish,
tied up with ribbons around pigtails.
A life of tights and dresses,
climbing trees with the boys.
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."
Age made that game unfair.
I'm not lifting my skirt anymore.
Learning life lessons on Sesame Street.
The forgot to teach me about
disappointment,
loss,
heartache.
ABC's and 123's won't get me through this day.
Rain rain go away doesn't make the rain stop.
Awakening to memories of that little girl
jovial,
carefree,
spirited.
She's still here,
playing in a hide and seek world.
Am I waiting to be found?
Am I seeking something hidden long ago?
I got tagged and I'm still it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails