Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Smores!

Not camping anytime soon? Well, here is a way that you can not camp but still have those delicious Smores from the comfort of your house. I have no idea why I didn't think of this sooner, but now that I have there is no doubt that these will be a dessert staple in our house. Here's what you need to make them:I know that when you are camping you typically don't put peanut butter on your Smores, but we're not camping are we? If you are allergic to peanuts, leave it out but we'll see why it comes in handy in a moment! First thing to do is pour some of the chocolate chips in a bowl and melt them in the micro for about 20 seconds or until they are softened.
Once these guys are soft, go ahead and smash them up! Some of them won't smash completely, but I assure you that it is OK and they will still taste delicious!
Once they are smashed up, spread them all over some graham crackers halves. Don't be stingy!
Now, on a clean graham half put a little dab of peanut butter. This is added to give your marshmallow something to stick too. In the microwave, mallows tend to get a little crazy! Don't you just love how I already have chocolate on my fingers? I promise I won't lick it off...well, maybe I will.
Stick your marshmallow to the peanut butter. See, I told you I'd lick it off!
Pop the marshmallow halves in the micro and nuc em for about 10 seconds. They don't need long at all. I'm so glad that I keep my microwave clean right now!
Now, smash your two halves together. I promise that you will want to make more than one of these. If you don't, you will later anyway.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Rain said...

OOOh yummy! I must go eat dinner now before I die of sugar shock from looking at your pictures! ;)

Sarah said...

Oh I can't wait till Kate gets a few more teeth so I can introduce her to smores! Even luckier, without having to camp!!! I'm afraid of snakes and spiders! Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails