Friday, June 20, 2008

Making due....

Something that I have decided that I really want now is Photoshop! I see all of these people on line taking the most amazing pictures and have started to realize how many of them are enhanced using Photoshop. Unfortunately, I just don't have the money for fork out to buy it. So, for now I have been settling for my straight from camera shots. Not all of them are bad, but sometimes it is obvious that they could be better. Take this photo for example:
Looking at it the first thought it that it's pretty cute! Then I start to notice that Whisky's eyes have that green glow going on. Also I notice that he doesn't look at bright in color as he is when not seen through a camera lens. These are the things that I've always just settled with. That is, until I found the FREE photo editor on Flickr! I clicked on edit the other day to see if I could adjust the eyes and it opened up a software called Picnik. Not only was I able to adjust the eyes, but I also played around with the sharpness, exposure, color and size! It was so easy and I think the pic looks so much better now.
His eyes look perfect, his tongue looks super pink and you can actually see the detail of his furry little face. I am now spending hours editing my pictures! It will have to do until I can afford Photoshop.

4 comments:

Peptogirl said...

Wow, big difference! I was going to suggest Photoshop Elements. It's cheaper (I think you can buy it at Costco) and it should do everything you need it to ;) But, hey, free is even better!

Melissa said...

Damn! That is awesome!
The difference is unbelievable!

What a cute puppy you have!

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Hey, I have Photoshop Elements if you want to load it on. It is just as good as Photoshop. I really don't know what the dif of the two are. I used to have the other one too! I actually use Picassa which is free and has great tweaks in it too!

Carol Browne said...

Whisky is the beautifullest dog ever and that cropped shot is awesome. I heard that you can get a free version of photoshop express here - http://www.photoshopexpresstechniques.com/px_overview.html

It's a mini version of photoshop, so that's a good start. I also use picassa. It has a good red eye fixer on it and it's free baby! Yah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails