Monday, June 09, 2008

Huh?

Tonight I went out to eat at Mongolian food which always ends with a fortune cookie. Chris laughed at me because I have this weird habit in which I have to eat the entire cookie before I read my fortune. I feel like it's bad luck...and especially bad luck if you read your fortune but don't eat your cookie at all. Then I got my fortune and was dumb struck...

Can someone please tell me what the heck that means? Can rubber bands really be heading in the wrong direction? Do I assume this is a good fortune because the word "right" is used? Should I have been losing sleep about rubber bands all this time? Was the person who wrote this stoned? Then another thought came to mind, the whole "In Bed" theory. Oh, I know you've heard it before. You read a fortune and add the words "in bed" at the end and the hilarity ensues. That is until you add it to this dandy of a fortune, then it makes even less sense. Oh well, I guess I will sleep better tonight knowing that I'm not going to be pelted in the head with rubber bands anytime soon.

7 comments:

Carol Browne said...

Best.Fortune.Ever! I have no idea what it means, but I love it.

Melissa said...

That is ALL kinds of funny!
Being curious by nature and wanting to know the "true" meaning of your fortune, I typed "The rubber bands are heading in the right direction." into Google Search. Honestly, I could not believe the number of hits it came back with!
Crazy.
Here is one site that is full of random fortunes.
http://www.angelfire.com/hi/EnchantedGoddess/fortunes.html

Anonymous said...

Dang....the web address got cut off!
the last part should read:
/fortunes.html

Hope that works for you.

:0)

johnna said...

rubber bands = muscles?? they're both kind of stretchy...

Sarah said...

The right direction is away from you, not at you.

Rubberbands=bad karma.

You're good to go. No bad karma for you!

My best guess....

Pink Petunia Designs said...

That ones an interesting one! They were either stoned or had too much saki when they wrote that one up! Ha Ha.

Peptogirl said...

haha. I wonder if something got lost in the translation? That is too funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails