Thursday, June 26, 2008

The end of the world!


When I was young, sometime in the 80's there was this movie that I loved. I have no idea what the name of it was, but there were two hipster girls in it and they wake up in the morning from a party and realize that it's the end of the world and they are (so they think) the only one's alive. What do they do...they head to the mall of course! Why in apocalyptic movies do the people always head to the mall? Hey, it's the end of the world.....let's go to the Gap!


Anyway, the whole point of this long and drawn out story is the skies in Sacramento right now look exactly like the skies in that movie. In fact, most any movie that is sort of "end of the world" has those murky looking smoky skies. The fires in our area are terrible and so we wake up every morning in this sort of dusty haze. In fact, most of the time it actually smells like campfire. When you watch the news, the forecast is SMOKE! I'm not kidding! You know how they put those cute little icons? When it's raining it's the cloud with blue tears, sunny you get the big bright sun. Well, now there is smoky...which looks something like this:
Don't you just love Paint?! Overall it's really gross and somewhat scary. I have seen more people wearing those little paper face masks in the past few days then I have seen in my life. Maybe to escape it all I'll just go to the mall!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails