Friday, May 16, 2008

Sometimes you just need a tissue....

I really try to keep the blogging chipper and upbeat, but sometimes it just can't be done. Today I'm in the dumps. There won't be any picture for this, so you will just have to visualize me in the dumps yourself. Sometimes, the knee just gets the better of me. It hurts, it's been hurting lately and it drags me down. I do fine with stuff, but when it hurts that is when I tend to be in the dumps. I have pain meds I can take, but I feel like that only makes it worse for me. Makes me want to stay in pj's all day and not shower or brush my teeth.

I haven't given a knee update in a while so here you go. It's not a whole lot better. Yes I can walk, but I thought by now I might be walking without pain. A limp I can handle, pain I am over. I'm stuck in the 90's as far as bending is concerned, luckily not as far as fashion is concerned. Lately I've had a bit more pain and instability and have been wrapping the knee up to give it some support. I have another Dr.'s appointment in a week and a half and I know there is going to be another procedure. Not surgical, but procedure that will of course bring more pain. I'm over it!

In just 4 days it will 7 months since this all happened. That means that when I have to count out how long ago this all started I am now firmly on two hands of fingers. If I get to the point that I have to use toes I may have to be shot. Tomorrow I will probably be fine, but today I'm going to sit here and wallow in my self pity. I want this to be over with. I want to be "normal."

Here is a list of things I really want to be able to do again:
1. Walk without pain
2. Walk without a limp
3. Put my shoe and/or sock on easily
4. Wear any type of sexy high heel shoe
5. Join the workforce again
6. Squat down to pick something up
7. Dance
8. Run
9. Hop
10. Sit cross legged
11. Stand for longer than 2 hours without swelling
12. Kick with my right leg
13. Sit comfortably in the back seat of a car
14. Paint my own toenails
15. Stand on one leg (being my right leg)

Well, that ought to do it for now. There are definitely more things. Some I can't think of, some I don't feel like sharing, some that are necessarily PG13. Sorry for the downer post, just keeping it real for today.

3 comments:

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Hang in there girl. I will never take any of those 15 things for granted ever again. I am hoping it will get better for you soon!!!!

Carol Browne said...

Ouch. I know how it feels to be bugged all the time with pain or worrying about it hurting again. My lower back is that way for me. I did try something new today - and that's ice instead of heat. It really felt great. I've also started doing exercises on the Miracle Balls (I'm not a sales rep for them, I swear!) and that's helped a lot. It's taken me a long time to find a solution that works. I hope you find the thing or things that heal up your knee, too.

Peptogirl said...

It's amazing what you take for granted when you have two working legs! I hope you are up and out of the dumps today and I'm sending you good wishes! I'm booking a game of hopscotch with you by the end of the year!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails