Monday, April 21, 2008

I can swim!


Today I went to the gym for the first time and hopped in the pool. Well, I actually slowly went down the stairs while holding firm to the handrail, but who really cares? Once in the pool I started just walking around. It was amazing to me how normal that I felt in the water. I didn't have a limp and I didn't feel any pain. Then I decided to try actually swimming some laps. Guess what? I can swim like a normal person! This was important to me because swimming is something I've always been able to do well and I just wanted to still be able to do it. I can't flip turn and push off the wall quite yet but I am content with the laps that I did and will be back doing them again this week!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Stac,

I am looking to start swimming at Cal Fit in the next month and I heard you are the person I should go in with because of your persuasive skills on membership fees. I just want to swim there for a few months until the baby is born. Let me know your swim sched and I'll join ya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails