Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feeling nostalgic.....

After all the recent posts about things from my past I guess I started getting really nostalgic. I'm starting a little project (that I can't post about) but I can tell you that it involves the need for a scanner to upload some old photos. I borrowed a scanner from Eric and am now going crazy scanning all sorts of ridiculous pictures. I decided that I will be sharing these with you over the next week or so. Actually, this could go on for months if I don't stop scanning!

I thought I would start with the piercing since it was mentioned in a previous post. See, when I was 18 I got a little wild. Well, not really, but I like to think so. I was always the "good girl" not getting into trouble, getting good grades, hanging out with the good crowd, not doing drugs, not drinking (too much) and NEVER drinking and driving if I did have a beer or four. I guess when I got to my senior year of high school I felt a bit like a stereotypical good girl. So, what did I do? I robbed a liquor store. No, just kidding. I went and got my first tattoo. Are you ready for it's gloriousness?


Yep, there it is. The tattoo took all of 5 minutes and in a matter of 5 years ended up looking more like a mole and less like a ladybug. Don't I have nice feet though? If you've been reading this blog for a while, or if you know me, then you will know that this ladybug is now a fish. It evolved and shit.

After the tattoo I was feeling really hardcore. I mean come on...a 5 minute ladybug made me a rebel. I now grew up on the other side of the tracks! I was going to date guys on motorcycles and really go wild. So, what did I do next? I got a job at The Gap....yep totally hardcore. It was during this time that I decided that I wanted to get my nose pierced. This was going to be big. It was really going to put me over the edge. This was 1994 people and there just wasn't alot of piercing going on back then. It just so happened that my friend Nicole's sister in law Cindy was a piercer and was going to be doing an upcoming article for the Sac Bee. She needed volunteers and I signed up. The night before my needle extravaganza I was at The Gap, I'd been working there about a week, and it dawned on me....what if The Gap didn't allow pierced noses? I went and asked the assistant manager, you know, cause I was so hardcore. She told me a big fat, "No!"

I panicked. The whole event was supposed to take place the next day AND it was for the Sac Bee. This was huge! I couldn't flake on Cindy! I decided that I would go anyway and would just modify things a bit. When I walked in I told Cindy that this wasn't going to work for my job so she could pierce me anywhere as long as I could hide it and it didn't have anything to do with genitalia. She said, "Ok, let's do your septum." The septum would be the little piece in the middle of your nose, you know, like what bulls have? I went with it. I hated it! It didn't hurt, but it was god awful ugly and took me to a level of hardcore that I was not expecting. The Bee wanted to do a photo shoot with my friend Amy and I so I left it in until the photo shoot and then promptly took it out. I then forgot all about it.

A couple weeks later I was reminded because the spread in the Bee took up the entire front of the Scene Section. I got phone calls like you wouldn't believe. My grandmother was convinced that I was suffering from depression because I looked so sad in the picture. It was all kind of funny really. Needless to say, I no longer have any hardware in my nose and made it through my hardcore stage. Deep in my heart though, I still like to think I'm bad ass!

2 comments:

Wendy G said...

Hehe I love it! Wasn't the tongue piercing extravaganza the next big thing? Dude! We were wild!

Peptogirl said...

Haha. That's great! I never would have believed you if you hadn't included the photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails