Tuesday, March 11, 2008

From bad to good!

This is one of those posts where I could start by saying...."So, do you want the bad news or the good news first?" Since I'm all about ending on a positive note I will start with the bad. I'm sick! I thought I had the colds all beat, but apparently one was sneaking around and waiting to hit me in March. Weird! It started on Friday with a little congestion which I immediately chocked off to allergies. Then on Saturday the cough started. That cough that sounds as if your lungs are trying as hard as they can to rip out of your chest, or at least that's what it feels like. Today I decided to go to the Dr. It's one thing to be weak, it's a whole other thing to be weak and achy when you are also on crutches. The Dr. said that at this point it's just a cold, but if it is still there on Monday then it has probably become an infection. No prescriptions to take yet, just have to rest and try to wait it out.

While there she asked me when the Orthopedic wanted to take me off the blood thinners. I told her that he thought that was her job so she decided to take me off of them! That is sooo rad (and the good news by the way.) This means that as of tonight I am officially pill free. No more blood thinners, no more pain meds, no more labs, no more blood draws and hopefully no more bleeding gums! Gross, I know, but unfortunately for me that has been one of the big side effects of the blood thinners. Yippee! Even though I'm sick I am starting to feel the light at the end of this dismal dark tunnel of leg trouble.

1 comment:

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Oh man, I am so sorry that you are a sickee! That sucks big time. I hope you get well quick so we can make a trip to JoAnns. I will be waiting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails