Friday, February 29, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl


Today I went to the movies (after a very long time of no movies) and saw "The Other Boleyn Girl." I really got hooked on the whole Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn when I started watching "The Tudors" on Showtime. Part of it was the great story, and part of it the hot guys. When that ended I was told that I should read the book "The Other Boleyn Girl." This was a great recommendation and a great read! It was a completely different portrayal of Anne Boleyn, much more scandalous than the show. Then I found out it was going to be a movie.


After seeing it, I have to say I'm a tad disappointed. I guess that always happens when you go from book to movie. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie but the book was SOOO much better. The movie just jumped very quickly from one thing to the next without alot of explanation. I know they only had two hours to get it all in so some of the scandal had to be cute out. Unfortunately this just cut some of the "Wow" out of the movie. It's worth checking it, but I'm sure it's better to see if you haven't read the book yet.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

How disappointing! Although I have heard the same type of reviews from the critics. I was shocked to hear them say how bad the casting was too. Well at least we had the book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails