Thursday, February 28, 2008

Knee Update

I went to the Dr. today for my one month post surgery follow up. Things are looking good for the most part. There's some depression on the ride side of my tibial plateau, but he's not worried about it because during surgery it looked like it would be just fine. I'm still a bit behind schedule, but not so much that there is concern. The feeling is that there was just so much going on in there it's going to take a while longer to get back to normal. For now I just have to continue with my physical therapy and hope for the best! I'm hopeful, but have to admit there is that voice inside that tells me it's not going to be the same again. I remember that voice when I had shoulder surgery though so I keep telling it to shut up. Here's the most recent picture.
You can definitely tell that the swelling has gone down. It looks a bit more like a knee now. I think what you can really tell from this picture is how much muscle I have lost in that leg. It's so small in my calf area and decreasing more above the knee as well. One of these days it will be buff again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails