Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sometimes things don't go as planned....

Since I finished my last big knitting project, it was time to start something smaller. I found a funny patter for an "Ice Cream Pint Cozy" so I thought I would give it a try. I'm sure you are shakin your head already. It's not that I need a cozy, in honesty I never get ice cream pints AND I never eat out of them. It just seemed really different from a hat or a scarf.

Let's start by saying that it was an easy pattern. Really just seemed like a hat with a flat bottom...no big deal. As I'm knitting this thing the two thoughts in my mind are A. This is the stupidest thing I will ever knit and B. This just doesn't seem right. I plug ahead though, determined to follow the pattern and finsh.
By the time it was finished it was very obvious that this was an awful pattern! What was supposed to be a cozy actually swallowed the pint when I put it in (and yes, I even had the right gauge) but this thing was huge. On top of that the bottom was shaped in a point! What the heck?
Lucky for me Becki was over with Weezie and Bowzer and this thing just seemed perfect for a Weezie hat. I added a neck tie string and put it on her and voila....instant Beagle Gnome! Unfortunately, but the look on her face, I don't think she was as excited as I was and probably won't be wearing her new hat.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails