Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just when you think it's not too bad....

all things can change. Yep, it's me. I'm here post surgery to tell you that THE PAIN IS FREAKIN RIDICULOUS! I'm a pretty pain tolerant person but this is awful. I felt pretty good yesterday until roughly 8pm. Guess they were serious when they said that their "pain killers" were going to wear off in roughly 8-9 hours. It feels like someone hit me in the knee with a baseball bat and then pulled me down the street on my knee behind a truck. It's awful.

So, just when I thought I had felt the worst of it I was hit by a killer! In the middle of the night (two times mind you) I apparently got the leg twitches. The second time my knee actually popped and Bill pretty much had to remove me from the ceiling. After the second time I decided that sleeping was too scary.

I don't really know what they did in there. They were definitely fixing the meniscus, but he said there were some other things that he was going to "check out." I'm hoping that this pain doesn't last too much longer. I was told I needed to do these leg lift exercises, which basically consists of lifting my leg from the hip 20-30 times an hour. I'm lucky to get one of these in an hour. I was also told not to make any big decisions yesterday. I thought that was funny! Do people really leave surgery in that drugged out state and decide to, hmm I don't know, buy a car? Sell their house? My biggest decision was whether or not to take 1 or 2 Percosets for pain.

1 comment:

Sarah D. said...

2 TAKE 2!!!

I'm sorry that it's so bad. Oh that's terrible. I wish I lived closer and could help in some way. I'm sure you have lots of great people to help you though. I'll be thinking about you! =(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails