Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Knee Update

I realize it has been a while since I did a knee update so here we go. I had a meeting with the Ortho again and it was discovered that the fracture has COMPLETELY disappeared. This was such good news. I still have to stay off the leg for about another month and will hopefully be able to start putting weight on it sometime at the end of January. The meniscus tear is still there and I have been scheduled for surgery on the 25th of January to take care of it. The doctor feels it will then take me a full month to recover and get my leg working correctly again since it has been so long since the injury. This means I'm estimated to be off work till March 1st. That just seems so weird. I haven't been off work this long since high school and that was probably when I didn't have a job!
As for the blood clot, it is still there but my blood has been in the theraputic level for a while now so I haven't had to give myself any shots for a long time AND I only have to do lab work once a week. The treatment for the clot will also continue till sometime in March, but they will have to take me off the anti-coagulators a week before the surgery so they can do the surgery. Then I will start taking it again after the surgery.


So, there is my health in a nutshell! I'm going to need alot of physical therapy after all this and may even have to invest in a how to book or two.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails