Friday, May 11, 2007

A romantic dinner for three!

I joined my Dad and Nana today for dinner to surprise her for Mother's Day. I don't get to see her very often so I knew that she would be really happy. Plus, we were going to Slocum House. I've never been to Slocum House, but have always heard alot about it. It typically gets voted "Most Romantic Restaurant" each year...and what's more romantic than having dinner with your Dad and Grandma?!

It is a fantastic restaurant. There are chickens and roosters walking around all over on the outside patio. Sounds funny, but creates a great ambiance. There is also a water feature that attracts hummingbirds. You can just feel the romance reading this can't you? As for the food.....fantastic! I wasn't super drawn to anything on the main menu, so I went for an appetizer instead. It was ahi tuna that had been marinated and was filled inside these ice cream con shaped wonton cups. It was the best fish filled ice cream cone that I've ever had!! Plus, you can't beat the presentation.

Now all I need is to have dinner there with Bill so I can experience the full romantic theme, cause you know....there is nothing that screams romance more than Bill and chickens!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails