Sunday, May 20, 2007

Asparagus "make my bicep hurt" risotto!

I decided to make some asparagus risotto last night. I searched the web and found an Alton Brown recipe that I thought sounded delicious. This was my first time making risotto, and while it came out delicious, I may have to find an alternate recipe next time. For those of you that haven't made it before, it required stirring CONSTANTLY while cooking so you develop the nice creamy sauce that the rice naturally makes. Most recipes say this will take 30-40 minutes. Mine took AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES!!! I was hot and my arm was tired by the time I was done, but boy was it delicious!!

3 comments:

I'm lazy, impatient & have no biceps. said...

I just buy a box of 4-Cheese Risotto at Safeway, cook for 18 minutes and then dump in freshly cooked asparagus when it's done. *Almost* no stirring required - and it's delish! :-)

Sondra said...

Try Trader Joe's - it is great!!!!

Sondra said...

Try Trader Joe's - it is great!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails